You know when someone says true beauty comes from within? Is it in your heart and can only be seen by the eyes of the soul? Nonsense! Beautiful people are people who want the best for themselves, for others and for the planet… Of course, a little glamor and good looks help overall. And it is within everyone's reach. You only need to invest in sustainable beauty by using organic products.
Natural, organic, vegan, cruelty free, with ecological refills or packaging. Here are some examples of sustainable beauty products that can make a difference without changing your daily routine. Yup, do everything the same and be healthier for your body and face, and for the planet.
What exactly is sustainable beauty?
More and more brands and consumers are switching to natural products. If you are not familiar with the concept of sustainable beauty or clean beauty, we can explain it easily - it is about products that:
- Do not harm the skin or nature because they do not use synthetic chemicals.
- Use sustainable raw materials, i.e., from certified sources, ideally low in their carbon footprint.
- Are cruelty free or not tested on animals (neither its ingredients).
- Are sold in environmentally friendly packaging, made from more sustainable materials such as bamboo, cork, among others, and where, for example, single use plastic is not used.
- Take into consideration their weight, transport, and shipment with an optimized or neutral carbon footprint, as much as possible through the type of transport used or offsetting with environmentally friendly initiatives (carbon offset).
Does it seem like a very radical change to you? No problem! You don't need to change all your products at once. The most sustainable option always starts by finishing what you already have and then, when you must replace it, choose a greener option.
How to choose sustainable beauty products?
- First rule: Ignore consumption tricks that only encourage the purchase of a list of items that will take 30 minutes to apply every morning. Limit yourself to buying only the products you are sure you will (really) use or need for a routine that leaves your skin more beautiful, because a bag full of makeup has never been synonymous with beauty and well-being.
- Secondly, choose to buy from green brands that care about sustainable production processes and that manufacture their cosmetics with 100% natural ingredients (no synthetic chemicals), good for the body, excellent for the environment! When in doubt, carefully analyse the labels to avoid buying toxic products from companies that aim at profit and never the well-being of future generations. Look for the symbol with a bunny, which means that neither the product nor its ingredients have been tested on animals.
- Finally, whenever possible, avoid single use plastic packaging.
For more information, consult the Vegan Society.
What kind of sustainable beauty products should be part of your dopp kit?Regardless of your beauty and hygiene rituals, there are some important products to bring out the best in you, keeping your routines with planet-friendly products:
- Biocosmetics that respect the environment, starting with the selection of raw materials to the delivery of the product to the end consumer.
- Organic cosmetics without chemical agents.
- Products with refills or refills.
- Soap bars, shampoos, and solid conditioners, based on natural substances, without parabens, silicones and sulphates.
- Eco-friendly hair masks and moisturizing oils.
- Bamboo toothbrushes and natural toothpastes.
- 100% vegan deodorants.
- Face creams for total cleansing and perfect hydration, anti-aging products, exfoliators, make-up removers, tonics, lipsticks and other cruelty-free cosmetics.
As you showed your interest on this subject, which is important to us, we thought of presenting you with a promotion code so you can use it on your first order. Use the following code YG-BLOG15 at the Checkout.
We thank you for helping our small business and for helping the planet by choosing a more sustainable lifestyle.